Two injured in explosion at gas-refilling plant in Kiambu
Two people have been injured this morning after a gas-refilling plant in Kanyariri village, Kabete Constituency, Kiambu, exploded and burst into flames.
Property of unknown value was also destroyed in the resultant inferno. The fire started at around 5am, Thursday.
Fire fighters from Kiambu County Government who arrived at the scene said the explosion was as a result of a gas leak.
Kabete sub-County Police Commander Joseph Muriuki says they are interrogating the owner of the plant to establish whether he had the appropriate licenses, and check adherence to laid down safety protocols.
More to follow....
- Advertisement -