Governor Kawira Mwangaza survives impeachment
- Governor Kawira Mwangaza's impeachment overturned by Senate special committee
The Senate Special Committee has overturned the impeachment of Kawira Mwangaza as Meru County Governor.
The 11-member committee chaired by Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale found that none of the five charges leveled against the county boss was substantiated.
The committee considered and investigated five charges;
- Nepotism, illegal appointments, unlawful dismissals and usurpation of the Constitutional and statutory functions of the county office.
- Incitement, bullying, vilifications and misleading campaigns against other leaders.
- Forceful entry into the assembly precincts and mobilisation of unlawful riots against MCAs.
- Violation of Public Finance Management laws.
- Misconduct relating to nomination of CECs.
"After considerations and investigations, and by decision of member after member, all the 11 members agreed and recommended to this house that none of the charges was proved or substantiated," Khalwale told a plenary of senators on Friday, December 30.
In the event the special committee would have upheld her impeachment, the House would debated the report and voted to determine her fate.
Lawyer Donald Kipkorir's mother is dead
20 hrs ago
20 hrs ago
- Advertisement -